Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Confused
Mathis0 posted:
Recently I was diagnosed with HSV2. I have been with the same partner for 15 years. We recently seperated and I had un protected sex with someone else over a 6 month period. 8 weeks after our last time I had my first OB. I went to the drs and she swabbed the area and it came negative for HSV2 she asked me to have a blood test as she was sure this was genital Herpes. I had a Herpes Select 1 & 2 done and I tested positive for HSV2 and my igg number was 25.1. Can anyone tell me if could be from the man I was sleeping with over the 6 months? My husband went out immediately and got a blood test and his came back negative ( we have not been together in 9 mnths) the other guy also says that he was tested and it came back negative and that his dr told him that he should have been showing symptoms by now if he had it. I have only been with these 2 men in my life and I am trying to find some answers. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

betsyo1967 responded:
if your husband's blood test was negative, you know you didn't get it from him. has your other partner been tested yet?

what was your hsv1 igg?

are you sure your hsv2 igg was 25.1?
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Mathis0 replied to betsyo1967's response:
When I spoke to the nurse who gave me the results she said 25.1 I am going to go and pick up the results tomorrow and will post them. Guy 2 says he was tested but not sure if I believe him

abe648 replied to Mathis0's response:
If you do not believve him ask him to get a copy of his test results and post the test results on here so Betsy can help you with his test results as well.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Mathis0 replied to betsyo1967's response:
I received a copy of my results and this is what it said: H simplex I/II 25.1 h index 0.0-0.8... Should I get another test done? If so which one do I need to take to get accurate results? Thank you so much for all of your help.

abe648 replied to Mathis0's response:
I cannot say for sure but it sounds like were given an igm test which is inaccurate for proper testing for HsV 1 & 2..

What you need is a Type Specific igg blood test for
HSV 1 & 2.

If your Doc is not familiar with this then go and be seen by a Doc who knows what this test is. Or perhaps you can go to your local STD clinic to be properly tested. The details about the two tests and there differences are set out in the Herpes Handbook as per my signature line below.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Mathis0 replied to abe648's response:
I am going to be restested tomorrow with the correct test by planned parenthood. I will post the results once they come back Thank you for all of your help

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.