Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

positive hsv 2 result and negative hsv 2 result
An_248592 posted:
Hello,

Seven years ago I had a Hsv 2 igg test done. The result was 1.4. Last month I had the same test done because I had read about false positive tests. The result was negative 7 years later with a score of 0.1. I am confused. I am wondering if I have genital herpes?

Thank you

abe648 responded:
You need to call your Doc and confirm if this was an igm blood test or an igg blood test. If an igm blood test then ignore it

You need to get a type specific igg blood test to confirm your status properly. If it was an igg type specifc blood test then you should have values for each type of HSV.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

An_248592 replied to abe648's response:
Hello, Thank you for for reply. I have copies of my results and both are igg blood test. I have values for 1 and 2. type 1: 0.2 (2005) 0.2 (2012) type 2: 1.2 (2005) 0.1 (2012) Thank you

abe648 replied to An_248592's response:
These are vert low and just above the level for a positive like .03 approx. Do you have ob's or were you kist tested for herpes? If you have ob's where do you get them and how often are they?

It sounds like you may not have herpes and if you are having ob's then you may need more testing to confirm your status.

Once you answer these questions we can direct you further.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

An_248592 replied to abe648's response:
no i have no ouf breaks and was never kits tested for herpes only visually by md 7 years ago. Why then did I have a positive result of 1.2 seven years ago for hsv 2? Thank you

abe648 replied to An_248592's response:
a test ressult of 1.2 is a very low positive figure and would not think you have hepres with this figure. It would need more testing. If you have no ob;s then the only way to confirm your status is with a Westerb Blot test which is now available at most labs. That should give you an accurate result. Read nore about testing in the Herees Handbook as per my signature line below.

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.