Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

You have tested positive for HSV I/II IgM Antibodies
IMPetrified posted:
Hello - I got an early STD panel test done and got the result which has the result as follows:

HSV, IgM I/II Combination 1.88 High.

I am totally petrified with the result as to what I have picked up. Does this mean I have herpes? Can anyone who is a medical professional please comment. I am even ashamed to go to my family physician. Can someone please help me. God bless you.

IMPetrified responded:
Please please someone - please help. I am devastated. My life is over......

YeseniaHernandez replied to IMPetrified's response:
Aw, your life is not over. I know you feel embarrassed but I think its best if you go to the doctor asap before it gets worse. That way you can treat it sooner. Good luck!

abe648 responded:
The test that was used is one that should not be used to confirm for herpes. This is an outdated inaccurrate test.

Get a type specific igg blood test for HSV 1 & 2 to see what your status is. When you get tested ask forr a copy of that test and post them on here so we can help you confirm where you stand.

AT present i would not think you have herpes until you get the test done that I recommended. I am not a medical professional just someone who has been on this exchange for along time. God Bless you.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
  • ****** Correction******
    Actually if you are having problems and youu think it is herpes then you should treat it as if you have herpes..

What I actually meant to say is tthat you will not know for sure one way or the otherr till you get the type specific igg blood test for HSV 1 & 2. Once you have the copy of the test results post them on here so we can help you confirm your status
    Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

• Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
    Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
    Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.