Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Looking for a cause
Lloydgurl posted:

Yesterday I went to OBGYN and I was diagnose with Trichomoniasis. I was very shock because I have never had an STD before. I have been with my current partner for a year and we have been sexually active with each other for eight months. During those times I have been back and forth to the OBGYN for various reason and the doctors didn't find anything during those times. I have been faithful and my partner claims he has been faithful so I would like to know where I could have possible contracted this STD and why did it go unnoticed?

I have read that the disease can stay in men for up to years so I was wonder did it come from a past lover of my partner.

abe648 responded:
I do not know how yuo got this but it may have been dormant and you may not have not know it. GET treated and get on with life and make sure that is all you have. Both of you should get all STD including HsV testing for 1 & 2
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Lloydgurl replied to abe648's response:
Yes I was tested by my OBGYN for other STDs and fortunately I tested negative. My partner is currently trying to get tested to see if he has trichomoniasis and if he does to he will move forward with treatment. I am trying to put this behind me but sometimes I wonder if there was a mistake.

abe648 replied to Lloydgurl's response:
I know of someone who had been caring it and had now idea and when he got married his wife got it. So I guess one can have it for a while and have no idea. If you want to know more about how long it can exist in a male or female before one realizes it call your Doc to clear up this issue that you have.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

genital warts remedy?
had the genital wart problem before but i'm free from it now (still use protection, though because HPV is there forever). so anyway, i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.