Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV
MAC71 posted:
I am so distraugt. Today I received my labs back from my physical and my results for Viral ABS disturbed me.

HSV AB IGG >5.00 H <0.90 Negative
HSV 2 IGG >5.00 H >1.10 Positive

After researching several things on these results; does this mean I have HSV2 and not HSV1. I have never had any col

d sores or any facial boils. However, I had to think back and I have had sporadic boils in my private area that last for about two days. Which makes me think that I do have HSV2.

My husband and I both were unfaithful more than 15 years ago but reconsiled our marriage since then. I know that I haven't been with anyone since then and he swears he hasn't either. Where do we go from here?

MAC71

abe648 responded:
Ask youdr Doc to get the exact number and post it on her so we can help you. It is possible that you haved had this for many years but I need the exact figur ovver 1.0 to tell youmore.

Many people have HSV 2 have no idea the have it. Life will go on and perhaps the issues you have are HSV 2 and you are writing them off as other infections. The next time you get those issues go and get swabbed/cultured/typed to see if it is herpes or some other issue. Watch the video as noted in my signatur line.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.