Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Herpes simplex 1 - no outbreaks
BeautifulAndConfused21 posted:
I'm 23 years old and back in January I was diagnosed with herpes simplex 1. With no one to turn to I searched on the Internet to give me more of an idea on what to expect and it did help a lot. I've seen reports of blisters inside the mouth but I've gotten thoes all my life (is that considered an outbreak). Other than that I haven't got any other outbreaks and I'm constantly being very careful on what I do and try to rember that I can put other people in harm of this disease. Since I'm not popping a pill everyday it's hard to sit and remind myself that I do have it . If I never get an outbreak what am I to do when I want to start a family , I don't want to risk someone health to have my own lil family , should I get tested again I also seen repost of people getting falsely diagnosed . someone please help I need some guidance

abe648 responded:
How were diagnois as having HSV 1? Was it an igg blood test or was it a swab? Most people have HsV 1 on the lip on the outside of the mouth. The sores inside teh mouth are most likely canker sores and not HSV 1. Are you having any problems down yonder? if so the next time you get an issue down yomder get it swabbed/cultlured/typed to see if it is some type of herpes. Red the Herpes Handbook as per my signature line to learn more.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

BeautifulAndConfused21 replied to abe648's response:
It was a blood test and no I'm not seeing any problems down yonder I'm very cautious now but it worries me that I'm getting no symphony's at all

abe648 replied to BeautifulAndConfused21's response:
Most likely it is HSV 1 orally and you are lucky that you do not get symtoms. It is just good to know y9ur statu . Read the ingo given in my signature line below.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

BeautifulAndConfused21 replied to abe648's response:
I'm mostly worried About the future . How easly can I transmit it when I want kids that's my biggest concern . I know about giving it to the baby if a possible outbreak but what about my spouse

abe648 replied to BeautifulAndConfused21's response:
Cross that bridge when you come to it. HSV 1 is quite common and a lot of people have it. It is something that most people would not worry about. Relax and do not worry about this. Actually approx 70-80% of people have HSV 1 by the time they are 70 years old.

When you find that special person then both of you should get a complete STI'S testing done including a igg type specific blood test for HSV 1&2. You need to be more concerned about getting HSV 2.

Read the Herpes Handbook and watch the Herpes Video as per below.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.