Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

advice with genital herpes and being a female
An_248761 posted:
well im 19 yrs old. i have genital herpes. found out a year ago about it.
i used to have horrible o.b's at least three times a month for the past 7 months, untill i broke up with my ex and moved out of his house. i know stress can trigger ob's, but i do have a problem that happens every now.
i started my woman monthly deal last week and last time i used tampons i got a yeast infection from them. i went and got check to be on the safe side and they told me not to use tampons.
well i this time i did again and wasnt haveing a problem with at first but
after two days they starting hurting my vagina bad and i went to a halloween party saturday and wore both pad and tamp. i checkd myself for any ob.s because it is irritated down there, and im not on my P anymore. i take my pills everyday and now my clitors is swollen and idk what to do. i have a little itching down there. can some one help?

abe648 responded:
Take a soak in Epson salts in a warm bath and then when you get out get some corn starch and apply it at least to the outside of your vagina and if you think it will work onher clit try that as well. Also talk to a Pharmaist and ask for some thing called "Demoplasty" sp? Ask for the Blue can not the red can.

This is an freezing and will help you. Also take some corn starch with you to work and when you go out in an old pill bottle and apply it down yonder. The dryer you can keep it down yonderr the better it will feel.

What are you taking for suppressive therapy and at what dosage each day?
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
Also if you can walk around home witjh now underwear on to keep things aired out down yonder. The dryer you are down there the less issues you will have with your herpes
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

ics07 replied to abe648's response:
thank you somuch, i have tried the cornstarch and that does seem to help. i take acylovior 200mg . i used to take valayclovior 1mg a day . that seemed to work vetter but its expensive

abe648 replied to ics07's response:
Id you are taking acylovio the proper dose is 400 mg twice a day I believe from what I recall. Any thing less will not give you good protection from Ob's. Read the Herpes Handbook as per my signature line and in there it gives the correct dosage but I think I am correct. Also it will work better if you take it as close as possible every 12 hours or as colose as possiible.

That way you will have decreased ob\s ASk any moe questions you may have.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.