Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Can having Gonorrhea cause impotence in men?
divine76 posted:
I found out today from the doc that I have gonorrhea and was given medication. I was tested in February and was clean but slept with an ex in April that one time. In June I started dating a guy and we had sex a month or so later. We talked about when the last time either of us were tested and I even told him about the guy in April. He stated he was just tested and had nothing either. The first time we had sex, he was having problems with keeping an erection. He stated he hasn't had a problem before and the last time he had sex was in Jan. The next time he tells me its his high blood pressure/diabetes. He managed to keep an erection a few times but nothing major. We've had sex once in the last month and I've had absolutely no symptoms. 3 weeks ago he disappeared without explaination then says his daughter was in a car wreck in Missouri. I can't explain why I got the gut feeling but something just said go get tested while he was gone. I did and now I have the results. I did talk to the guy I messed around with in April and told him to get tested. He stated he has had no symptoms and has been tested. I told him to get tested again. I told the current guy and he told me twice when he went to his doc for his monthly check up that he gets tested. I'm thinking just because you go for blood work doesn't mean they do STD unless you ask. I honestly don't know how long I've had this and that scares me to even pinpoint when I first infected. I've had absolutely NO symptoms & now I'm wondering if this could be one reason he is impotent outside of the diabetes/blood pressure. Sorry for the rant. I'm just confused, lost and truly upset. Thanks.

georgiagail responded:
It is unlikely that STD testing is part of a monthly check up. More than likely, this visit is to check blood pressure and his diabetes control.

It is likely that it is this fellows diabetes and/or the blood pressure MEDICATION he is on that is contributing to his inability to keep an erection.

Gail

RobertPatrick replied to georgiagail's response:
Yeah i agree with georgiagail...

i think the guy diabetes, or blood pressure may be the reason behind erectile dysfunction.

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 47 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.