Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Swollen testicles for six months, all-negative STD test results
An_248818 posted:
Hello,

Six months ago, I had unprotected sex with a random girl I met at a bar (my first time and last time doing so). A week and a half later, my testicles started feeling sore, swollen and enlarged. Initially, my right testicle was larger than the left. This eventually subsided and they have since been equally large and swollen. I have had no real other symptoms (no discharge, no pain while urinating, no itchiness etc…). However, about two months after contact, a white milky line appeared underneath the tip of my penis but it disappeared after three weeks.

When my testicles first started feeling sore and thinking it was gonorrhea or chlamydia, I got prescriptions for doxycycline (on two separate occasions), cefixime and azithromycin. My condition didn't change. Two separate STD tests showed all negative results (HIV, gonorrhea, Chlamydia, syphilis). Two ultrasounds have shown no visible damage. However, three of the four urologists who I saw observed that my testicles had an unusual heaviness.

One urologist thought it could be candiasis or what I would describe as a 'male yeast infection'. He prescribed medicine for it on two separate occasions. Nothing happened. The other urologists ruled out that possibility and don't have any idea what it is.

I still think my problem must be directly related to that incident six months ago. I also wasn't involved in any rigorous activity around that time thus it's probably safe to rule out injuries, etc…

My question is two-fold:

1) What can I do next? I'm at a loss on how to approach on this problem since most doctors can't identify/treat the problem.
2) Any thoughts to what it could be?

Thank you!

abe648 responded:
I think that you have covered all the bases and the only thing I know is that one does not wait to deal with swollen testicals.

I would copy and paste your question in the mens site at

http://exchanges.webmd.com/mens-sexual-issues

to see if anyone ellse has any fhoughts for you as what to do next. God Bless you on finding out what is going on.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
I do think this any type of STD either. .
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.