STD or Not
An_248868 posted:
I have currently had unprotected sex with an older gentlemen who said I was his only partner. He was mine, since I had not had sex in 23 months, and my last partner before him was my husband. Since then I'd had 2 pap smears with negative results. My last stint with him was in Aug and we broke up. I had labs done and they came back negative. These past two weeks I have been feeling a little discomfort in the opening of my vaginal area. No discharge, bleeding, pain, itching or anything of the sort. Just a little discomfort. It may have been because I have a new sexual partner and we have mixed unprotected sex and also sex with condoms. I have an IUD, so I was not concerned considering he has not had sex in more than a year and had a recent medical exam. I am unsure of what is wrong with me. I thought it was a yeast infection, but after a Diflucan and Monistat it has not gone away. It is not a constant discomfort, it comes and goes. Does anyone know what it may be? Again, there are no symptoms. I am concerned because if it is an STD, I have given it to my new sexual partner.

elle0317 responded:
What other STD testing have you had? The pap only looks for HPV infections. It would be a good idea for both of you to go for full STD testing, including herpes and HIV.