Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

STD or Not
An_248868 posted:
I have currently had unprotected sex with an older gentlemen who said I was his only partner. He was mine, since I had not had sex in 23 months, and my last partner before him was my husband. Since then I'd had 2 pap smears with negative results. My last stint with him was in Aug and we broke up. I had labs done and they came back negative. These past two weeks I have been feeling a little discomfort in the opening of my vaginal area. No discharge, bleeding, pain, itching or anything of the sort. Just a little discomfort. It may have been because I have a new sexual partner and we have mixed unprotected sex and also sex with condoms. I have an IUD, so I was not concerned considering he has not had sex in more than a year and had a recent medical exam. I am unsure of what is wrong with me. I thought it was a yeast infection, but after a Diflucan and Monistat it has not gone away. It is not a constant discomfort, it comes and goes. Does anyone know what it may be? Again, there are no symptoms. I am concerned because if it is an STD, I have given it to my new sexual partner.

Elle0317 responded:
What other STD testing have you had? The pap only looks for HPV infections. It would be a good idea for both of you to go for full STD testing, including herpes and HIV.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.