Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Chlamydia
Cristad posted:
I've been diagnosed recently of chlamydia. I know my husband did not cheat on me and neither did i. My husband just came to US last year and he was tested with evrything before he can enter this country. I became pregnant 2 mos after he came here, i was tested with everything and came out negative at that time. After almost a year i came to do papsmear at my obgyn and is now positive with chlamydia- tested twice. Is there ANY possible reason that this dse can be contracted other than sex? I am so frustrated why did i get this infection. I know my husband did not have an affair with anybody, we're always together and we have two kids that makes our hands full. He doesn't hang out either, mostly just family gatherings. And i can tell he's telling me the truth. =(

abe648 responded:
I know that this condition cam last for a while and be undetected. If he was not tested for this when he came to you then perhaps that is how you got if from and he may not even have any idea that he has it. I know of a male who had no idea he had it until his wife got it shortly after they married but he had no idea he nad this. Check what he was tested for and see if they actually did testing for this. That is the only way that I can see thatt you could get it if both you have been faithful to each other. If you stil have questions talk to yourDoc about this.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.