Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Hsv 1
An_248236 posted:
About a month ago I was diagnosed with hsv-1. I had no symptoms other than one red, itchy, bump. My partner and I are both faithful, so it's likely that he had it orally and didn't know. Since then I have been paranoid that I'm going to have another outbreak and while occasionally have felt like I have had tingling and other symptoms, I think it was all in my head. For the last two weeks, I have had a red, itchy vagina - like a yeast infection. I've treated the yeast infection and it has not improved. I am embarrassed to go to the doctor since the last time I was blindsided by this diagnosis. Is it possible that it is a mild outbreak? I do not see or feel any sores.

abe648 responded:
With HSV 1 genitally it usually has one inital ob and then one more in the first year and then approx one ob every other year. The tingling you are feeling could be just shedding. If it comes for 20-30 minutes or for a short period of time that is what it could be. There is always a chance that you could get other infections when you have youur first ob so it would be good to get this feelingg checked out.

How were you told you had HSV 1 genitally? Was it just a look see or did the Doc take a swab/culture/type it to confirm it is herpes? The only correct way to confirm it is herpes for HSV 1 genitally is to get it swabbed/cultured/typed to confirm that is what it is. The next time you have an ob get that done with in 48 hours from when you first notice it for bestt results to confirm what it is.
Read the details that I outlined in my signature line.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

An_248928 responded:
You should never feel embarrassed about consulting your doctor. If your doctor is overtly making you feel ashamed, then find another doctor. In any event, knowledge is power, so you should go find out exactly what is going on with your body.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.