Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV II Results
12A34 posted:
In the past two years, I had protected intercourse about 6 times. My last protected intercouse was on 08/12/12. On October 19, 2012, I had a blood for STD- Later, ,my HSV II IGG was .11 index. Per the interpretation from my lab report- an index less than 0.90 is negative. My question is do I have HSV II. I do have plans to take the test again.

Thanks

elle0317 responded:
.11 is less than .90 - your test indicates no infection.

An_248948 replied to elle0317's response:
thanks for your response.By the way, are you a physician or a nurse?

betsyo1967 replied to An_248948's response:
you tested a little early but if your hsv1 was also negative and you've had no symptoms, no reason for more testing.

we recommend waiting at least 3 months post encounter for herpes igg blood testing to be done.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.