Skip to content
So Confused
An_249004 posted:
My partner of 14 years and I engaged in risky sexual activity with a 3rd party. Only oral. A week later I had symptoms of Chlamydia. We both got tested only I had it. I was treated and we decided to never use this as a way to spice up our sex life again. That was a year and a half ago. Recently we have not had intercourse for a couple of months. After a night of kissing and oral I start feeling discomfort and wait a couple of days and go the doctor. The initial test showed nothing. They begin to treat me for UTI, but after the urine test came back it said I was positive for Chlamydia again. We have both I strongly believe been faithful. His test was negative. Now it appears that I have stepped out of our relationship, which is not true.

Can a person carry the STD only orally if so how do they accurately test for it? can his urine and blood not have it but he still carry it? I have been tested in between my last occurrence and it was negative so I do not think that it would linger. We are stressed and confused and trying to not accuse but I have no idea how this could have happened again if we only have oral with each other.
abe648 responded:
All I can tedll you is that I know of a person who got married and he had no idea he had Clymadia and his wife got it after the got married. She got treated for it and he never id and there has never been any ob of clymadia again.

Perhaps give yhour Doc/s nurse a call and see if the nurse or the Doc can give you more ideas as to what is happening.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 42 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.