Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Worried about STDs
PetPan posted:
Hi,
I am a 28 year old male. I am sexually active. I have made so many mistakes in my sex life. I usually go to sex workers (I know it's bad and I tried to stop myself many times but...) I had protected vaginal, anal and oral sex many times since my last negative test around March/April.
4 weeks ago I had unprotected oral sex (receiving) with a sex worker. Then 8 days ago, I met a girl at a bar. She was 38 years old. We both were drunk and we ended up having sex. I have no idea about her background. She did not perform anything unprotected. But I was fool and I went down on her for 5 seconds but I did not like it and stopped it. But we did have protected sex (hopefully as I do not know if condom was properly worn and did not break). 2 days after this, I started having burning (mild) on penis and mild pain on penis especially few areas. This is ongoing since a week and it burns all day. For a last couple of days I have a mild headache, uneasy lower abdomen, minor itching and some throat problems (not a sore throat but not feeling good in my throat. feels something is there stuck and I keep swallowing it). Dry penis since a week with weird smell (did not notice any fluid so far) I am uncircumcised. I don't understand that it smells even though its dry. And last thing I noticed a small ring on my penis head. It's not clearly visible, but I can see it if I focus. I am so worried right now. I feel horrible about my actions. I am planning to get tested next week but still I want to get some feedback to lower the stress. I took Azithromycin already for Chlamydia. I do not know if that would affect my tests or not. So, overall I do not know if this happened because of my previous protected intercourse (vaginal, anal and oral) or that unprotected oral sex 4 weeks ago or that drunken sex 8 days ago. I know one thing for sure that I am so worried and stressed out. What are the possibilities of any STD, if I can rule out any specially Herpes and HIV? Please HELP.
Thank you.

georgiagail responded:
These are not symptoms of HIV.

Gail

PetPan replied to georgiagail's response:
Do you see any possibilities of other STDs?

georgiagail replied to PetPan's response:
Possibly since your history indicates unprotected sexual contact. Are you going to undertake STD testing?

Gail

Yes I am planning to get tested next week. But I wanted to have some idea because I am stressed out a lot. So, if you can let me know about the possible scenario it would help me a lot. Even if there is a possibility, my mind will still be a little stable if you know what I mean.

Thank you.

georgiagail replied to PetPan's response:
The problem here is that from your initial posting it appears you are unable to confirm whether a condom was used or not (or, if one was used, that it was used accurately and did not break or tear) during the drunken sex encounter.

IF a condom was used accurately, there is no risk of picking up an STD. There is a possiblity of transmission of bacterial based STD's from receiving the oral sex from the sex worker but ONLY if she carried these STD's in her oral cavity. There is also the possibility of her passing on HSV via the oral sex IF she is infected with this viral based STD.

As for HIV....the estimated risk from oral sex is extremely (and I do mean extremely) low. The statistics we use are .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm your partners status.

I hope this makes sense...

Gail

Thanks Gail. Yes it does make sense. I am worried about both, oral sex and condom. I am pretty sure about the oral sex. I received unprotected oral from a sex worker 4-5 weeks ago and I gave unprotected oral to a woman I met at a bar 9 days ago. With this second woman, I was drunk and I am not sure about the condom part. I did wear it but not sure if it was worn properly and did not break. And now these symptoms. I do not know if they are symptoms of any STD or what???

Thanks again.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.