Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

He knew he had it....
TheMessIveMade posted:
So I'm 21 years old in college and I'm almost done then I will go on to grad school in pursuit of my PhD, I always had this "give him a chance" mentality. Sadly, it has gotten me in the situation I am in today. Last week I got tested for HSV-2, I had the flu like symptoms and I had one sore. I learned this week that it was my first OB. I guess I can say that I'm grateful that my first OB was only one sore and walking around feeling like a burn victim, but I think what hurts worse is that the guy that had been practically living with me and I truly cared for knew that he had HSV-2. He refuses to talk to me and acknowledge the fact that he gave me something I now have to live with for the rest of my life I don't know how I should approach this situation. He knows he has it, but doesn't feel responsible to acknowledge it and to make sure he doesn't spread it. It's a horrible feeling when your trust has been violated in a such a way as this. I look at the guys that now try and talk to me that have spoken to me in the past and think that, "How am I suppose to tell him, if he actually wants to be with me?"...Most guys that still talk to me I didn't have herpes before I met them. One person has changed my life for the worse and doesn't even care or feel responsible for it. I lost my virginity a year ago this month. I've never slept around or had a lot of sexual partners, but of course it only takes one person. How do I deal with this?

abe648 responded:
So this is not the only partner you have had. It is possible that you got it from someone else.

Get him to get a type specific igg blood test for HSv 1 & 2 to see what his status is. If he comes back positive then it is time to move on. If he refuses to get this test done then tell him to move out and move on with your life.

There will always be those who have no respect for others. And there are those who will respect you and love you for who you are and not what you have. It takes a responsible person to tell someone that they have HsV 2. Be responsible and tell any new partner that you will have so they can decide for themselves if they want to be intimate with you.

There is someone who will love you and life will move on. God Bless you.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.