Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

He knew he had it....
TheMessIveMade posted:
So I'm 21 years old in college and I'm almost done then I will go on to grad school in pursuit of my PhD, I always had this "give him a chance" mentality. Sadly, it has gotten me in the situation I am in today. Last week I got tested for HSV-2, I had the flu like symptoms and I had one sore. I learned this week that it was my first OB. I guess I can say that I'm grateful that my first OB was only one sore and walking around feeling like a burn victim, but I think what hurts worse is that the guy that had been practically living with me and I truly cared for knew that he had HSV-2. He refuses to talk to me and acknowledge the fact that he gave me something I now have to live with for the rest of my life I don't know how I should approach this situation. He knows he has it, but doesn't feel responsible to acknowledge it and to make sure he doesn't spread it. It's a horrible feeling when your trust has been violated in a such a way as this. I look at the guys that now try and talk to me that have spoken to me in the past and think that, "How am I suppose to tell him, if he actually wants to be with me?"...Most guys that still talk to me I didn't have herpes before I met them. One person has changed my life for the worse and doesn't even care or feel responsible for it. I lost my virginity a year ago this month. I've never slept around or had a lot of sexual partners, but of course it only takes one person. How do I deal with this?
abe648 responded:
So this is not the only partner you have had. It is possible that you got it from someone else.

Get him to get a type specific igg blood test for HSv 1 & 2 to see what his status is. If he comes back positive then it is time to move on. If he refuses to get this test done then tell him to move out and move on with your life.

There will always be those who have no respect for others. And there are those who will respect you and love you for who you are and not what you have. It takes a responsible person to tell someone that they have HsV 2. Be responsible and tell any new partner that you will have so they can decide for themselves if they want to be intimate with you.

There is someone who will love you and life will move on. God Bless you.
Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at

Helpful Tips

Help Herepes
I got a tip to take L-Lysine is a help for breakouts It works More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.