Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HPV - Do I still have it?
An_249238 posted:
I was diagnosed over 6 years ago with HPV and have had no symptoms since. This was just before Gardasil came out or at least was well-known. I had genial warts and took care of it. I have not had any symptoms since. At that time, I was told that after 2 years of no symptoms, you no longer carry the virus. However, about a year ago, my pap test came back abnormal and I was nervous that it was "back". I did research, only to find out that basically nobody knows the actual answer - do I still have it or not? The abnormal test is now normal, does this mean I still have HPV? How do I know for sure if I don't have any symptoms other than the test?

On another note, I've informed my boyfriend about this and we have not had sex yet because of the risks and unknown information. I'd like to know the answers so we both know what to expect or how to deal with it (he's been researching too, but we both still have questions). From what I've read, I can give oral, but he cannot without me passing the virus on (if I still have it that is). What about foreplay? I've heard that as long as I don't show symptoms, he can't get anything just from his hand touching. I know he can't get it from using the same toilet, kissing on the mouth, etc, but wasn't sure about other forms of sexual play.

Any suggestions? Is there an exact answer out there about HPV?

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.