Skip to content
Vaginal infection
Anon_160212 posted:
I have noticed itching and slight burning for about a week after a sexual encounter. There was no actual sex but there may have been an exchange of fluids. Upon inspection I noticed white clumpy discharge and inflammation. There was also a sore that looks more like a cut or gash. It's an actual small 'open slit'on the urethral opening.

I went to the doctor and upon visual inspection I was told it was a yeast infection and prescribed fluconazole one time tablet for yeast infection and nystatin triamcinolone acetonide antifungal ointment. The combination of these two have relived the itching, and cleared up the chunky white discharge for the most part but I have yet to get the results from the cultures yet. When I called they said they would mail me the results. This concerns me because usually they tell me over the phone that the results are normal.

Since I still have this abrasion on the urethral opening that doesnt seem to be getting better I am wondering if it is something more serious. Please help if you have any ideas.
abe648 responded:
It sounds like all items are OK except for the "abrasion on the urethral opening " so this sounds more like some type of cut or something like that and so I would reattend to the Doc and tell the Doc your concerns. Perhaps your going back will help figure out what it is and how it can be treated. Perhaps it may just need time to heal but a Doc will be able to tell you what to do next. It is obviously still bothering you so go and be seen to get this resolved.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 53 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.