Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Should I stay or should i go?
jkaatt09 posted:
So i was totally in love with this guy and then our relationship ended and i started seeing someone else. but then the other guy comes back to me and says everything i'd been waiting to hear, how he wanted me back and he made a mistake, but then he tells me that he's contracted HSV2 since the last time we slept together. This guy means the world to me and i would love to spend the rest of my life with him. but they're also other fish in the sea...Its almost certain that if i got back together with him that i'd get HSV2 also. and that is life long. is it worth it?

hollaback responded:
For real~ So have you HSV2 testing? I think you should. And if he have HSV2. You and he have been togehter. So~ why would you want to be someone else? You would have to tell them of what you have contacted. And if you are in love with him. What's the problem? Wouldn't you rather be with the man you love. Knowing he have HSV2. And you. Have you been tested. Don't want to alarm you but it is possible or not possible that you too may have HSV2? Is there a Doctor in the house?

elle0317 responded:
We can't tell you whether he is worth it or not, only you can decide that. However, we can give you information and experiences. There are lots of discordant couples ou there, including my husband and I, he's had HSV2 for over 20 years now. We have been together for 7 years and I am still negative. You can reduce your risk of infection by not having sex during an outbreak, use condoms and he can take suppressive therapy to reduce his outbreaks and viral shedding.

abe648 replied to elle0317's response:
I am a male and my wife stil does not have it after 30 years.
Click on the Tiger and read my story. Elle has given you a good perstective.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

genital warts remedy?
had the genital wart problem before but i'm free from it now (still use protection, though because HPV is there forever). so anyway, i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.