Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Herpes for four decades. Married for three decades.
whyguy_ct posted:
I am recently divorced and realizing that now I am faced with the stigma of having herpes2. 40 years ago I started having outbreaks. When it happened, I simply would avoid sex until it went away. I didn't really even know what it was for many years. I went to a doctor and he checked me out when I had an outbreak and he told me bath regularly and change my "drawers" every day. That helped. To my knowledge I never passed it to anyone. I was married for nearly 30 years and she never got it. I dated before her and my girlfriend never got it. I was married for 4 years before that and she never got it. I haven't had an outbreak for nearly 2 years and almost completely forgot about it. Does any of this resonate with anyone??

abe648 responded:
There are many people who are in relationships like your self. They have HSV 2 and do not always pass it on to there partnerrs. So the best you can do is avoid sex when you have an ob and take suppresssive therapy and use a condom. These three tthings will help to decrease the chances of transmitting HSV 2.

Make sure that you are well lubed between you and your partner. The reason for this is that HSV is much esier to transmit if there is heat and friction. So if the two of you are well lubed then it takes out the friction and also helps to decrease the chance of giving HSv 2 to someone else.

And lastly tell your new partner that you have HSV 2 so they can decide if they want to be intimate with you. Read the stuff in my signature line to learn more.

Click on the Tiger and read my story. [a style="COLOR: #006699; CURSOR: pointer" id=exchange-post-enabled_A8 class=template-reply-post onclick="LoginCreatePost(this,'sexual-conditions-and-stds-exchange','3'); return false;">
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
The last line should read as follows:

Click on the Tiger and read my story.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.