Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

continuous outbreaks
An_249428 posted:
Hi

I'm writing on behalf of my wife. Unfortunately I passed herpes on to her a couple of years ago. She only had it a little bit every three/four months, but recently she has had it more or less continuously for the last 4 months. The outbreaks look like little paper cuts on the side of her vagina .She has never been to a doctor about it because she says she is embarrassed. We are currently living in a developing country with useless doctors that I don't trust. We are planning to go to a Doctor in Thailand in the New Year.

It flared up when her grandmother died, who she was very close to. I think this may have been a contributory factor. However she has been talking acyclovir the whole time. She heals fairly quickly but then a few days later she breaks out again. Is it possible that acyclovir is part of the problem? She is getting depressed and frustrated. it is starting to put severe strain on our marriage, to the point the point where she is suggesting that it might be being unhappy with me that is the problem and that we should maybe spit up. I love here very much and don't want this to happen. It just seems so strange that it's breaking out so often and not responding to suppressive treatment.
Anyone having/had similar problems?

georgiagail responded:
Has your wife actually been diagnosed with HSV?

Gail

abe648 responded:
I agree with Gail if she has never been properly tested for HSV 1&2 then the first thing she needs is a Type specific igg blood test for HSV 1 & 2. Many other things mimic herpes. If she gets tested ask for a photo copy of the numeric results and post them on here so we can help you figure out what her status is. Have you ever had the above test done to know for sure your your status is?.

Secondly how much Acyclovir is she taking?

200 mg? 400 mg? once a day? twuce a day?
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.