Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

So Scared... Researched HSVII to death. Please Help
An_249451 posted:
Hi,
So about 3 years ago I had unprotected sex with my then boyfriend. A couple days later I got an aweful, thin, fishy smelling discharge. It was during a snow storm, so I freaked out and douched. I then noticed that my lymph node was swollen on one side of my neck and my legs started hurting. I am a nursing student so I have researched to death. I also suffer from chronic severe anxiety. I went to my provider and he diagnosed me with BV, gave me metrodiazole cream. It worked, then symptoms came back. All the while my legs are still hurting. I took 2 rounds of Metrodiazole by mouth and that cleared it up a whole year and a half later. Never had a sore or anything of the sort. I'm thinking because I douched I may have pushed the infection up. My providers all told me it's not HSVII. I've never had sores. Since nerve pain usually means an outbreak, I'm so confused. Recently, for some reason, I've started worrying about it constantly. So ofcourse every muscle in my body has started twitching and occassional shooting pain. I recently got a pap done (while my legs were hurting) and it came back normal. Someone educated please, please help.

CompletelyHelpless responded:
The twitching is all over my body, from my feet, to my face, legs, close to groin.... I also felt pressure on my abdomen at the time I had the discharge. I hope someone tells me I'm just being ridiculous.

georgiagail responded:
Consider getting tested. Perhaps the negative test result will help you put your anxiety over this behind you.

Gail

CompletelyHelpless replied to georgiagail's response:
I mean, does it sound like HSVII? I mean, you'd think if I was having nerve symptoms, something would have happened.

georgiagail replied to CompletelyHelpless's response:
No, it doesn't sound like HSV2.

abe648 replied to CompletelyHelpless's response:
Ok so like Gail said get retested for the HSV 1 & 2 with a type specific igg blood test. Ask for a copy of the test results and post them on here so someone can help you figure out your status. Many Doc's do not get a lot of training when it comes to herpes. They might get 15 minutes in a lecture during there training and if they do not look in to it further they do not learn anything further.

It does not sound like herpes but like Gail said go get retested.

Post your HSV 1 & 2 results here. All we need is the numbers something like this HSV 1 is .75 and Hsv 2 is 1.95 or what ever it says so we can help you. When posting make sure that you repost in this post.

Now go get tested and do not worry about it any more. Ask God to give you peace aboutt this and stop worryimg!

Read more about herpes as per my signature line below. ddddddddd
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

CompletelyHelpless replied to abe648's response:
I've never had the blood test done. But when it happened, I remember sitting there just getting shooting pain in my thighs, but more so after I read about hsv2. Then my lymph node swelled on my left side in my neck. Pain in my legs for like months. Then, it stopped. I've been with 2 people unprotected since and nothing has happened. Now, 3 years later I started worrrying like crazy about it again. My legs are always having some sensation, along with my back, hands, everything is twitching or hurting. I've never had a sore, but if I was experiencing all that (the nerve activity) I feel like something would have happened. I'm stressed out all the time, and I've been sick. I'm extrememly religious and I've been praying like crazy and constantly crying. It's been three years. I'm just so afraid. I guess I'm looking for peace of mind more than anything, Abe....

CompletelyHelpless replied to CompletelyHelpless's response:
The discharge was diagnosed as bacterial vaginosis. I'm just going to scream this is driving me so crazy...

georgiagail replied to CompletelyHelpless's response:
Why? BV is fairly common.

Gail

BV is very common and I would urge you to get tested ;[pplike said. This does not sound like herpes. But you will never know till youa get tested. Since you are working in the health care feild then go be seen and get other things looked at this soumds ;more like some type of muscle issue from what you describe. God Bless you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

I just can't help but to feel the fact that I had swollen glands in my throat, BV, and leg pain all at the same time. I've never noticed an oozing sore or anything. I just feel after all this time, and the anxiety I put myself through on the daily, I would have had a massive break out. I just don't understand this leg twitching and pain that I've all the sudden noticed all over again. I really appreciate it Abe. I'm just scared.

It does not really so far sound like it is herpes from what you describe, I know that when you have issues that you cannot get answers to it is frustrating. Have you seen a Doc about this since it has come back after 3 years? I think that your first place to look is to the medical community to halp you figure out what this is. God Bless you and let us know what they come up with once you have seen a Doc.

They all just tell me I have nothing to worry about, I saw my primary care physician last week, who gave me some prozac as I suffer from severe anxiety as well as a pap smear, which came back normal. I read that intense anxiety can cause leg pain and twitching. As much as I hate to admit that after three years it all the sudden happens when I worry about it is odd. Thanks for some peace of mind. Helps me to know you read this stuff all the time and don't feel that's what it is. Keep me in your prayers!

I will keep you in my prayers to ask HIM that he shows you what to do and where to turn. God Bless you.

Since you have had BV and if you want to help have a healthy vaginal Ph balance then read this link. You can not just click on the link. You have to copy and paste it into a new window.

http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/health-resources/health-information/resources/feature-article/probiotics-their-role-in-womens-health-(womens-health-matters-article )
If you want to look up more articles on this subject google "Probiotics for a healthy Vagina" It will give you all kinds of links and a lot that will want to sell you something. I even came accross one link where someone posted that there are women who actually put Probiotic yougart into the Vagina to hale keep a healthy Ph balance vaginally.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.