Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Need Advice - Herpes or Something Else?
An_249457 posted:
Hello,

I need advice and possible answers concerning symptoms related to STDs. I had receptive anal sex on August 31, 2012, and have had no encounters or any kind of physical contact with another person. The gentleman stated that he is free of any kind of disease. I've lost contact with him since.

The following day I experienced sensations/tingling near the opening of the anus, as well as a slight itching in my groin area.

I went to a nearby clinic for testing two weeks after having sex, and had a visual inspection of my penis as well as testing for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. Results were negative.

I went back for testing on November 28, 2012, just under 3 months after having sex (2 months 28 days). This time, I had a visual inspection of the anus (doc did not see anything strange), a prostate exam, as well as testing for HIV, Herpes HSV II Ab (blood test), Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, and a urinary tract analysis. Everything came back negative.

Every day since the encounter I have sporadically had the slight sensations and tingling in my groin area and around the opening of my anus, but have not noticed any breakouts that would resemble herpes or anything else.

I was depressed for awhile after having sex, and am still experiencing anxiety from it (not severe). It feels like there has to be something wrong with me, because I've never experienced these feelings before. Do you believe that it may just be my mind creating these symptoms, or do the symptoms represent something that the tests failed to catch?

Would you simply recommend that I refrain from having sex and getting retested then at six months?

ShadesofBlue responded:
I actually need to clarify (this was me that posted the above discussion): I got my dates wrong, as in fact it was July 31 and not August 31 that I had sex. The timing was 3 months and 28 days from the encounter to the full std testing.

abe648 replied to ShadesofBlue's response:
If you had testing done 3 almost 4 months after the encounter then your test results should be acurate. Do you have a copy of the HSV tests numeric results if so can you post them on here. If not call the Doc and ask for a copy of the test resultts so we can confirm your HSV status.

If in fact all came back negative then I think you are just stressing over this.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.