Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Cold Sore in Nose, didn't know....
An_249471 posted:
Please help. I get cold sores on my mouth only. I just got over a cold and was blowing my nose a lot. I developed a sore inside my nose. I didn't realize it was a cold sore. I thought i was an abrasion from blowing my nose. Before I realized that it is most likely a cold sore, I was romantic with the person I am dating. This includes a ton of kissing and I gave him oral sex. Now I am petrified that I passed it on to him. [br>As the sore was in my nose, he never touched it, it never touched him. What is the likelihood that it would spread to his face and genitals through saliva alone?[br>Freaking out

abe648 responded:
HSV is not transmitted by saliva. It is transmitted from skin to skin contact and since you say he did not have any real contact with your nose it is not possible to transmit to him in the way you describe. HSV needs heat and friction to be transmitted. The way you describe it would not have been transmitted. Read the info in my signature line below.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.