Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

So nervous about this herpes scare! Please help!
noidea10 posted:
Hi I had unprotected sex after the condom broke on late Sunday night. On Tuesday morning I felt some slight burning around my scrotum and a little on my penis. The slight burning sensation has continued till today. I am constantly thinking about it maybe that's why I notice it more and more. Alsoy scrotum is a lite moist to touch but doesn't smell. It does not hurt when I pee or there is no bumps or red spots on my penis or scrotum. Today is what really scares me i woke up with my lymph node on my left side sore and noticeable, just my left side tho. I'm really starting to freak out I have set up an std check up but have been reading that if there is no sores then the bloodwork isn't accurate till later months. Am I over reacting or does this sound like herpes, another std or a bacteria infection? Any help would be greatly appreciate

AmberBee responded:
I had protected sex, the condom did NOT break, and I still got HSV....so I don't think that's an important factor when it comes to HSV, unfortunately!

I know experts say swelling in your pelvic region when youhave an OB is like a sign of your body preparing to fight off the virus or something like that....I did experience this swelling feeling in my pelvis during my first OB....

I think it would be best to definitely see your doctor and try talking to the partner you had sex with to see if they are aware that they could be carrying an STD, because all the research I've read suggest it takes at least 4 days for signs of herpes to manifest!

wishing you a clean bill of health,

Amber

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.