Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Razor Bumps or Herpes
An_249805 posted:
I had some contact with a female about the beginning of December, maybe around the 8th or 9th. I shaved before this happened and I noticed maybe a week ago that I had maybe about 3 little red spots that are not exactly on my penis but are a little bit above it. They aren't huge at all, and some of them look barely raised. 2 of them are a little raised but just look like tiny little bumps. There looks to be about 2 raised one and then a lot of red area. They're a little bit bigger than the non pointy part of a pin. They are itchy but don't really hurt or anything. Am I just paranoid or do you think this is a problem?

AmberBee responded:
Hi,

I would make sure to go to your doctor or a clinic (such as Planned Parenthood, perhaps?) just to have these bumps checked out. If you had sexual contact you want to be sure it's nothing serious. A lot of times things can clear up on their own and still be in your system which makes you capable of passing it to others, so the best option would be to get yourself checked out!

wishing you a clean bill of health!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.