Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV1 and Valtrex
dumbluck posted:
Hi all,
Confirmed last night that I have HSV1 genital. Have been on Valtrex since Tuesday night. Very mild ob, one visible bump, no itching, no burning, just pain during sex. Which is why I ended up at the doctor. Had a tear and became infected orally. However there is pain on the inside the vagina, left side to be exact. Could this be a bump inside as well? This is the only pain I have and am curious to know when will the pain go away?

Thanks in advance.

abe648 responded:
If the hear is inside the vagina that is most likely why you are feling pain. I would lay off the sex for about a week and then try slowly to see if it has hraled.

To learn more read the Herpes Handbook etc as per my signature line.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

dumbluck replied to abe648's response:
Thank you Abe for your reply and I'll definitely be reading the handbook.

bobhastings55 replied to dumbluck's response:
I tried Valtrex but it was ineffective, and gave me side effects. I hope you have a better experience with it.

If it doesn't work or if you are interested in a natural approach, check out Viradux-AU. I've been using it for 7 months and have not had an outbreak since. The pain and weird tingly feeling is gone too. I will keep you guys posted, don't mind being a guinnea pig. It's from some australian company called viradux.

I tested positive for HSV2 3 yrs ago so I've been around the track a few times on these meds... Reply if you have any questions.

abe648 replied to bobhastings55's response:
This stuff sounds like a money making company that will take your money and will not heal you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.