Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Hello
Lovetohelpyou posted:
I recently fell in love with an old friend. She was married in the past and her ex had given her genital herpes. What I would like to know is how can I support her and be there for her forever. She did inform me of her illness, I'm totally cool and we do love each other, with dreams of being married in near future. All I want to do is understand what she will go thru ad be there for her. Please, any help would be great. Ave a nice day God Bless!!!

abe648 responded:
Just lover her and be there for her. Learn all you can agout herpes. Is she on spressive therapy? Read all about herpes and get Terri Warrens book as per my signature line.

I am not saying that that you will get herpes but are you prepared if you do.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
I did not have much time to answer you last time. The thing you need to know is to never put her down because she has herpes. Love her unconditionally. I am glad that she found someone like you that cares for her and her herpes and wants to make her happy.

Female to Male Transmission for HSV 2
The odds of you getting GHSV 2 is as follows. If the two of you avoid sex when she has an ob then the chances of you getting it is 4%. If she takes suppressive therapy then it drops to 2% and if you use condoms then it go's to 1%. The details are from the Valtrex clinical trials study. At your age most likely you may not want to use condoms and so it increases your risk a bit higher to 2% which is still very low risk.

The other thing you need to know that it takes heat and friction to transmit herpes. So when you make love there is always heat but you can control the friction. Since at times when people get older there may be a lack of lubrication then to stop the friction you will need to use a good lube. That way if you are well lubed then you help to reduce the possible transmission.

There are a lot of discordant couples. A discordant couple is where one has herpes and the other does not.

Have you ever had a type specific blood test for HSV 1 & 2 yourself. If not then I would recmmend that you get one done to see what your status is. Many people have HSV 2 and have no idea they have as they have no ob's. Ask for a copy of the test results and post them here so someone can help you figure out your HSV 1 & 2 status.

I would recommend that the two of you also get tested for all STD'S so that both of you know where you stand.

If you have anymore questions ask so we can help you.
God Bless you as you love her completeley. .
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.