Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

not sure?
Rysek posted:
Hi,
Please help me clear my mind.
I used the public phone at the place where higher risk group individuals may hang out. I do not worry about using that phone since I did not have any kind of cuts or skin openings on my ear. However, 30 minutes later I touched my ear with my hand when cleaning it out with sanitizer gel (I mean with the part of hand that I had a small, local allergic eczema — like a pimple, but not bleeding), - and I wonder if in case of any possible HIV+ blood from that telephone set (if someone possibly left it there before my usage) got on my ear 30 minus earlier, if it could transfer to my eczema on my hand and infect me through there when I touched that ear of mine a 30 minutes later with that hand to clean it up with sanitizer, as I said? Perhaps it is irrational, I am not sure what to think of it, but I do worry about it! I heard somewhere that HIV can survive on outside for some time, but again I also had an alcohol based sanitizer applied over the effected hand area at the same time when cleaning my ear. Could this be any kind of HIV risk to me at all?
I trust this will receive your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible, please.

abe648 responded:
My understanding that sTD'S do not live long on inate surfaces like toilet seats etc including phones. It is highly unlikely that you would get HIV from this incident. If you want more info then google HIV transmission and see what you find for answers. I normally answer Herpes issues and so do not have the exact answer for you. I would not worry about this. God Bless you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.