Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

HIV Transmission Risk concerning blood
    An_250146 posted:
    I am a male and had a sexual encounter with another man last week. He said he was tested (and negative) in November, but this was a one time thing and I cannot 100% believe that is true/that he has not been with anyone since. My question is concerning the possibility of blood in his mouth. When we kissed he had a metallic smell/taste to him that I did not think until after the fact might have been blood. He performed unprotected oral sex on me as well as oral-anal sex on me. If he did indeed have blood in his mouth, what is the risk of the blood getting into me and transferring HIV during the oral sex (via the urethra) or during the oral-anal in the event that I had any cuts down there as a result of past hemorrhoid issues. I know the risk is basically none for oral-anal and is very low for oral, but the possibility of blood in his mouth during these acts is what concerns me.

An_250146 responded:
    Bump because of spam.

bxdude0102 responded:
    Anyone?

georgiagail responded:
    If the fellow is HIV negative, the risk is zero. The fact he had a metallic taste when you kissed him is not an indication he was bleeding orally.

Gail

Helpful Tips

positive results
    I had unprotected sex with a woman 3 weeks before I had this tests done. here are my results: HSV 1/2 IGG HERPESELECT HSV 1 IGG ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.