Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Hpv Positive
pebbles90 posted:
im 22 n just recently found out.im.hpv positive. kinda freakin out. ive never seen a break out. havent had symptoms and at this point im scared to tell my boyfriend that I am positive. my doc didnt really have any answer for me besides telling me to have safer sex. she pretty much told me I need to wait for lab results to come in to see if I have cancerous cells. my boyfriend of 3 yrs knows my pap test came bac abnormal..but at this point it is heart breaking to even think about telling him the news. I know if I have it he def does. this is just overwhelming.. can someone please help ease my mind n help find a way to tell him. cuz I know hes gona be anger n upset n devastated.

elle0317 responded:
I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Was he the only sexual partner you've had? I too, had an abnormal pap years ago, but back then I wasn't told that it was HPV and as far as I know I've never passed it on to any partner I've had since.

pebbles90 replied to elle0317's response:
ive 3 other sexual partners. I havent told him anything yet. waiting for lab results to come bac. but he hasnt had any breakouts either.

abe648 replied to pebbles90's response:
So at present you do not know what the results will come back as. Wait till the results come back and then deal with it then. Worrying about it will not help you at all. Let us know what the results are and then Elle can help you further.
God Bless you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

pebbles90 replied to abe648's response:
she told me I was positive for hpv. the results im waiting for r to see if I have any cancerous cells forming so I can start getting treatment.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.