Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Detecting STD'a before engaging a new partner
An_250214 posted:
If you are going planning to have sex of all types with a new partner, oral, vaginal, and anal, is there any way of examing that person to determine they are disease free? Or do you just say I see no sores anywhere I will take my chances?

abe648 responded:
The only way to know for sure is to have that person get a full STD testing including a type specific igg blood test to know what there herpes status is.That is the only way to knowfor sure. Otherwise you could open yourself up to all kinds of STD'S
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

georgiagail replied to abe648's response:
Well, one could could consider a full body condom but realistically, appropriate testing is the only way to know ones status in regards to these matters....along with adequate latex condom use for STD's that do not have adequate testing methods (HPV testing in males, for example).

Gail

abe648 responded:
If you have never hdd any sexual relationships then you do not need to get tested. But if you have been sexually active fefore this person you need to get a full STD testing including testing herpes for both types as most DTD testing does not include these. So if you and your partner should go together to get tested. That way both of you will know your full STD status.

Tjanks Gail... A full body condom does not sound like fun at all.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.