Need help having major hiv anxiety
jamesc615 posted:
I am a 32 year old male from the suburbs of NY and have been with the same women for 9 years. Prior to her I only had a couple of partners. I did visit a sex worker in a message parlor and had protected sex and do not recall the condom breaking but keep thinking it did and I do not remember. My wife and I have only been with each other over the 9 years and have never practiced safe sex. She has been pregnant twice and tested 4 times including one recently. I have been healthy over these years. So here are my questions. If I had hiv for this long would I likely been sick by now. Also after so many exposures would it be likely my wife would have it also. She knows about this anxiety. Also I had my first routine blood test CBC and all levels were perfect. My doctor tells me that this far down the road I would be sick and my counts would be off. PLEASE HELP ME.

elle0317 responded:
Your test is negative, your wife is negative: I'm not sure what else to tell you? You can't pass on somthing you don't have in the first place. If you are seriously still concerned I suggest seeking help for OCD, because you do not have HIV. Go and live your life!!

jamesc615 replied to elle0317's response:
Elle thank you for your response however I have never been tested. My wife and newborn have. My wife has 4 times and the baby once all negative and I have only been with her for 9 years. I was asking how likely it would be I would still be in good health, she would be negative after well over 1000 exposures and I have been told by doctors that my white blood cell counts would all be very low after so many years without treatment.

elle0317 replied to jamesc615's response:
So, what's stopping you from getting tested??? If you are negative then you have no more questions or worries.

jamesc615 replied to elle0317's response:
I know I have to get the nerve. I keep telling myself there is no way I would be healthy after 9 years, and also god forbid my wife have it after so many exposures over 9 years. Is it likely that she could stay negative and I can still be healthy. I mean I recently had a chest infection and it was gone in two days. Wouldnt normal illnesses last longer due to long term immune system damage

georgiagail replied to jamesc615's response:
Yes....and often progress to far more serious medical issues.

Gail