Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Need help having major hiv anxiety
jamesc615 posted:
I am a 32 year old male from the suburbs of NY and have been with the same women for 9 years. Prior to her I only had a couple of partners. I did visit a sex worker in a message parlor and had protected sex and do not recall the condom breaking but keep thinking it did and I do not remember. My wife and I have only been with each other over the 9 years and have never practiced safe sex. She has been pregnant twice and tested 4 times including one recently. I have been healthy over these years. So here are my questions. If I had hiv for this long would I likely been sick by now. Also after so many exposures would it be likely my wife would have it also. She knows about this anxiety. Also I had my first routine blood test CBC and all levels were perfect. My doctor tells me that this far down the road I would be sick and my counts would be off. PLEASE HELP ME.

elle0317 responded:
Your test is negative, your wife is negative: I'm not sure what else to tell you? You can't pass on somthing you don't have in the first place. If you are seriously still concerned I suggest seeking help for OCD, because you do not have HIV. Go and live your life!!

jamesc615 replied to elle0317's response:
Elle thank you for your response however I have never been tested. My wife and newborn have. My wife has 4 times and the baby once all negative and I have only been with her for 9 years. I was asking how likely it would be I would still be in good health, she would be negative after well over 1000 exposures and I have been told by doctors that my white blood cell counts would all be very low after so many years without treatment.

elle0317 replied to jamesc615's response:
So, what's stopping you from getting tested??? If you are negative then you have no more questions or worries.

jamesc615 replied to elle0317's response:
I know I have to get the nerve. I keep telling myself there is no way I would be healthy after 9 years, and also god forbid my wife have it after so many exposures over 9 years. Is it likely that she could stay negative and I can still be healthy. I mean I recently had a chest infection and it was gone in two days. Wouldnt normal illnesses last longer due to long term immune system damage

georgiagail replied to jamesc615's response:
Yes....and often progress to far more serious medical issues.

Gail

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.