Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

False positive Pap?
beachplum56 posted:
My 22 year old daughter recently had a pap that came back as HGSIL/moderate dysplasia. (Keep in mind that she had a pap at 21 that was normal and that she wasn't due to have one for another 3 years according to the latest guidelines.) An HPV test was done and it came back negative for any high grade strains. A month after the abnormal pap result she had a colposcopy/biopsy and that came back negative for dysplasia. The gyn wants her back in 4 months for a repeat pap/colposcopy. Is it possible that a diagnosis of HGSIL/moderate dysplasia could clear by time of the biopsy? I think the pap is an example of a false-positive considering that every other test showed up nothing. I would love to know where the followup protocol of the gyn is coming from when there is nothing wrong. No HPV nada.

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.