Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

New to Herpes
An_250364 posted:
My daugter is 15, yes 15. We got the diagnosis about a week ago. Dr said worst first outbreak she has seen. She is still in a lot of pain and handling this mentally. She is in two sports and is a good student. She has already missed a week of school. I don't know how hard to push to make sure doesn't go into depression but I want to be supportive and be here for her. I can't imagine handling this at her age.

abe648 responded:
First off she nneds to know that she can still transmit this even when sh dos not have an ob. She also needs to know that she has to tell anyone she may have sex with that she has GH. That is so the can decide if they want to sexually active with her or not.

She needs to know that she can transmit this when she ahs no ob.s through shedding.

Here is the odds of her trasnmitting it to someone else.

Female to Male Transmission for HSV 2
The odds of you getting GHSV 2 is as follows. If the two of you avoid sex when she has an ob then the chances of you getting it is 4%. If she takes suppressive therapy then it drops to 2% and if you use condoms then it go's to 1%. The details are from the Valtrex clinical trials study.

I would urge you to have both of you read the items found in my signature line below. I think that Terri Warren's book would be really helpful for her and for you to both get educated. You can even now buy it as an e-book.

I would also recommend that if you are in a large center google Herpes support groups on Yahoo and she could get a lot of info from a support group.

If you have any further ? just ask and we will try and help you as best as possible. Get her some "domaplasty" the blue can NOT the red can. This is a freezing she can use to make her feel better down yonder.

God Bless both ot you as you support her in going throught this in her life.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

suvchic10 replied to abe648's response:
Thank you. It sounds like it was an unfortunate first encounter but nonetheless we have both been reading and talking and she knows the importance of not passing this along. It is really getting her through this first situation and getting her support to carry on. Hard enough being a teen period. I wish I had known about the spray earlier. She was on pain meds but that sounds like more of what she was needing. Will look for a support group too and read the book. Thank you again.

abe648 replied to suvchic10's response:
She needs to know that she can shed anywhere in what is called the boxer short area . That means anywhere that boxers shorts could cover. That does not mean that she wil shed from that entire area all the time but that is the area where one can shed from.

If she is still at home get her to take baths with Epsom Saltss and let it soak for a while in the tubby. If she can walk around the hous without any underwearr on and let the air get at the area down yonder that will help to keep it dry down yonder. Just have her wear a big old T shirt while at home.

For you gals it can be hard to keep things dry down yonder and so when she had an ob or is feeling one coming on then get her to use corn starch on the genital area and take some with her where ever she goes and apply it liberally to the area as well she can place some in her underwear as well as the drier it is down yonder the less severe the ob if things are kept dry. Corn starch acts as a drying agent.

I also want her to have hope for the future. There many discordant couples who have been that way for years. A discordant couple is one where one person has GH and the other does not. I also want her to know that she can have a healthy love life with the right person who will love her for who she is and not what she has.

How was she diagnosed wth GH and what is her Doc R/x giving her to treat the herpes?

I want her to know that God loves her even though she has screwed up. We all have sccrewed up on this site at some time other wise we would not be on this site.

If she has any further questions get her to ask so we can help her.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

suvchic10 replied to abe648's response:
She returned to school and to practice this week. Doing well finally. She was/is on Acyclovir. They also gave her the lidocain jelly. That was a life saver. The NP gave her "extra" for us to have on hand. My own OB NP suggests the "maintenance" right away until summer since she has so much going on and school. Then see if any other outbreaks. Thoughts? Also, she was raised in the church but due to her sports we haven't gone in quite some time. We did this weekend. I want her to know this is not a punishment and that she is loved! yes we all make mistakes we would love to take back. I would take this for her if I could.

What the Doc has decided does sound good as she does not need ob's while she is active in school sports. She will need to decide if she wants to take some type of suppressive therapy on an on going basis or not. If she is not going to be sexually active then once she hits the summer she could go off of the Acyclvir and see if she gets an ob. She should have some Acyclovir handy so as soon as she gets an ob she can start taking it without having to wait to get a R/x from the Doc.

Valcyclovir is the generic of Valrtex and is a bit more expensive than Acyclovir but one only has to take it once a day instead of twice a day with acyclovir. If you have a drug plan than it should be covered. Dosages are in the Herpes Handbook so you can tell the Doc if he is not R/x the right dosage of either.

The one other thing I wanted to tell her that this may not be important now as she is young and should have lots of lube when being sexually active but if she ever hits dry spot in her life where she is not well lubed then she should consider getting a good lube to use when having sex as herpes is spread easier when there is "heat and friction." As you well know that one always has heat during sex down yonder but she needs to know that she can stop the friction by using a good lube. She may not need to know this right now but is something you can tell her when it is appropriate for her to know.

I am glad that you went back to church and I do hope that your are attending a Bible based church that teaches about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

It may be good to get her to start her own post and if she would not becomfortable to post here then there are plenty of sites like this one and I would recommend that she look for a gal by the name of Betsy 1967 and tell her that Abe sent her.

PS She is a lucky girl to have a mother like you who cares and understands and wants the best for her. God Bless your family.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.