Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Positive for HSV2 (Genital) after I caught my wife
Tiberius12 posted:
having multiple affairs on Ashley Madison. She says she cannot have given it to me because she only had unprotected sex with one guy ten times in the last four months (the emails I read suggest much the opposite but that's not the point here). I told her I don't think that's the way it works so she went to get tested. The puzzlement I have is I have never once in my life either had what I have read are the initial outbreak symptoms or an outbreak on my penis, scrotum or anywhere else for that matter and I mean ever. No sores, ampules, blisters, nothing other than some jock itch that I went to the same doctor for as I also had a fungal rash on my chest that i've gotten on and off since a child and he recalled that visit and said it was in the thigh area and though he cant say for sure without having tested it that it wasnt in area for HSV outbreaks nor did he recall it even having any blister type thing he could test so he doubts that was it. I'm freaked my wife gave this too me from one of these dudes and what I am going to do in terms of ever finding someone again. He also said it's possible ive had this for decades and im just one of the lucky few who never get outbreaks or syptoms and likewise with her, she may have caught it from a boyfriend in college and the stress of having recently lost her job etc caused an outbreak and she did give it to me just wholly unrelated to this affair. Does that make sense? Ive i'm one of the lucky ones who never gets outbreaks am I not contageous? He said probably and if she's negative that's probably why. Now keep in mind I have a follow up with him to go over this in more detail on Thursday so I please dont jump my doc too bad if there's something important he didn't tell me. We are probably getting divorced whether this had come up or not, almost certainly, and i'm afraid i'm now doomed to be alone as ridiculous as that sounds particularly if i'm contagious. No prior partner has ever contacted me to say they contracted herpes and wanting to know if they got it from me or I should be tested BTW and most are the type who would.

abe648 responded:
Either one of you could have had genital herpes for years and had no idea. At this point to not think that you will be alone because you have HSV 2. Talk to your Doc and ask for a copy of the numeric igg blood test results and post them on here so someone can confirm what your Doc is telling you.

Read the inffo in my signature line especially the video.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Tiberius12 replied to abe648's response:
I will I have a dollop with him Friday to discuss what I should do he did say we should run a different battery of tests in two months to confirm. But I have three questions. When I ask him the levels/score is there a number above or below that pretty much tells me I'm screwed? If I've really had it for even decades and not known with zero OB during that time is that even possible? He also told me if im one of the lucky ones whose just always dormant while not impossible the chance I transmitted it to my wife or anyone else is extremely small, is that true?

abe648 replied to Tiberius12's response:
You can have GH for years and have no idea that you have it. And there is no way to know for how long you have had it. Ask for a copy of the test results and post them on here so some one can confirm your status.

The last question I do not have an answer to so ask your Doc to explain that to you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.