Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Non Specific Urethritis Concerns
Tim23 posted:
I have had a urinary infection on three different occasions after straight unprotected vaginal sex in the last 2 years. Each time I am tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea and it comes back negative, each time am diagnosed with non specific urethritis. I have been recently tested at the health department for other Stds and I came back clear. The doctor always acts like it is nothing but I am very concerned...I am in a monogamous relationship and I want to have a healthy sex life with her and this is very alarming to me.

Anyone else out there having these problems and any tips on what I can do to prevent this from continuing? Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

elle0317 responded:
Usually it's the women who have to worry about urinary tract infections from sex, and the advise I give and use is to pee soon after sex to flush out any bacteria that may be lingering in there.

Tim23 replied to elle0317's response:
Thank you for your reply. I do try to urinate after sex but it doesn't seem to help as I am seeing signs of discharge again after 3 days off Cipro. I am very concerned.

abe648 replied to elle0317's response:
Elle is this issue like a yeast infection where both barties need to be treated at the same time to stop them from transmitting it back and forth to each other? I know this is not what I am familiar with so thought I would ask you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Tim23 replied to abe648's response:
My doctor says my tests have come back and no bacteria was found if that helps.

Tim23 replied to Tim23's response:
to specify....my doctor had a test ran to find out what kind of bacteria was found so the best kind of antibiotic could be used. Those results came back negative. I am at my wits end here.

abe648 replied to elle0317's response:
Elle could you respond to my post on this site above. Could the orginal poster not reply till Elle has responded. Thank you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

elle0317 replied to abe648's response:
Yeast infections are often red and sore, almost burning like feeling with superficial cuts. Did your Dr test you for that along with the bacterias?

Tim23 replied to elle0317's response:
I'm not sure Elle....I assume that it was the basic urinalysis test. I gave blood yesterday and was tested to see if I had reiter syndrome and just found out it is also clear. This has happened after sex with different people so I doubt it would be yeast, but anything is possible. The nurse told me to finish the scripts (doxy and prednisone) and if I have any more problems to come back. I feel like I will be right back there after the meds are taken. I was almost hoping my blood-work would have come back with something so I would know what I was dealing with.

Needless to say I am still very concerned.

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.