Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

average size of a genital herpes blister and do they pop easily?
An_250564 posted:
what is the size of a genital herpes blister ?
trying to tell if mine is a herpes blister as a couple of them are 10mm in size and i read online that the average is 1-3mm in clusters.
also mine did not hurt when i popped them and they were so easy to pop i just wipe it with my finger and clear fluid came out.
they didn't hurt one bit just itchy when the sore exposed.
could this not be a genital herpes and just a blister?

abe648 responded:
This is not something you want to guess about. Go and get a type specific igg blood test for HsV 1 && 2. Your local health dept can do this or if they will not do if for you then try Planned Parenthood for testing of herpes.

Ask for a copy of the numeric test results and post them in this post so someone can confirm your status.

Read more about herpes as per info in my signature line.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

OnMyway4u replied to abe648's response:
Hello! You seem to be very educated on the topic. Do you have hsv 1 or 2? I have been diagnosed with Hsv 2 about 7 months ago, and since then have had about 3 break outs a months. I don't know if it's from stress a change of diet or wha! It's very frustrating and at times depressing. They have become less painful but still pop up usually before every cycle. I don't want to be depended on valtrex because I'm leery of the long term effects. I guess I just wanted to vent to a community who understands. There's still such a bad stigma on this thing even with 45 million Americans who have the same issue. Thanks for listening.

abe648 replied to OnMyway4u's response:
HSV 2 is what I have. And I am a male. I think that even on Valterex or its generic Valacyclovur you could still get 3 - 5 obss a year. So really the best thing is to take some type of supressuve therapy to control your obs. In my signature line there is a lot of info in the website that I have listed. Read and watch the video. If you are getting some issues everytime you have your period I would talk to your Doc about it. Also the gals can have other issues going on down yonder that are nott herpes related. Not every problem down younder is herpes. Click on the Tiger and there is more info there as well.
I would also recomentd that you start your own post so we can help you with your own personal problems and you can tell us a bit more about yourself and we can help you deal with herpes. God Bless you.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.