Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV 2 transmission question
An_250587 posted:
Hi

I have a question. I recently had relations with a lady to find out she is HSV2 positive in her genital area. She has performed oral sex on me once, has rubbed her pubic region on mine WITH her underwear on. Never touching genitals to genitals and I've touched her genitals with my hands (and do not believe my hands had any cuts or openings). And she's laid on top of me with her underwear on just cuddling.

She was not currently on an outbreak and has been outbreak free for quite sometime. No genital/genital sex was had. She has also never had any oral outbreaks or symptoms of any kind.

Thanks in advances!

J

An_250588 responded:
hi, you dont need blood for herpes to catch it...saliva and the fluid from your vagina...thats all it take...the doctor told me last night ..i am contagious at all the time even with out an outbreak...kiss...or oral sex...he told me i can give it at anytime...i am new ...with this new virus...but this is what i wad told at the er...

abe648 responded:
If you always had your underwear on and never genital to genital conatact then the clothing would protect you. And you hands have tough enough skin that it would not transmit to your hands especially if you have no cuts or open wounds on your hands from tingering her. Read the info in my signture line to learn more. That applies to both of you the one that posted and the one that replied.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.