Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

May have given my partner herpes...
An_250765 posted:
I was diagnosed with herpes a little over a year ago, just as I started seeing my current boyfriend. I was upfront with him and scared he would reject me, but he decided to stay with me. However, a couple of days ago he discovered a sore and thinks that it is herpes. Now he won't talk to me at all. We have had a great relationship, but with its ups and downs, and now live together. I tried to do everything I could to prevent him from getting it, but now it seems the worst case scenario has come true. I did suggest we continue using condoms, but he wanted to stop using them after a short time. I have been on valtrex and avoided sex when I had an outbreak. It's killing me that I may have given it to him, and it's made even worse that he won't speak to me

I am not sure what I am looking for in terms of advice, but maybe I just need to vent...

abe648 responded:
There is nothing that you did wrong. You told him about GH and he knew that you had herpes and still decided to be sexually active with you. He even stopped using condoms and so it is a choice that he took and you did what you are required to do.

The only thing you can do now is to be there for him if he wants to talk to you. Do not be upset with yourself. He is a big boy and he decided to be sexually active with you.

All you can do now is pray that he will see that this was his own choice and the two of you can get back together again.
God Bless the two of you.

To learn the ods of you giving it to him click on the Tiger and the odds of Female to Male Transmission is there for you to read. As you can see it is low if you avoid sex when you have an ob and take a suppressive therapy. Read what is noted in my signature line.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.