Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Long Distance Relationship and hsv-1
emilykyuso posted:
Please help me, I don't know what to do anymore... So I've met this guy over 1 year ago on a dating site. We are talking everyday since then and we are a distant couple. We finally want to move on and meet each other in real life. Before that, we decided to get tested for STD's and HIV. He booked a ticket already and we will meet in 2 weeks.

I did my test on Saturday and the results came to me today. I have been diagnosed with HSV 1 and I am shocked. I told him immediately because I got very depressed. He was surprised and he asked me how did I get it. I couldn't remember any symptoms, and then I realized I had sore throat one time 4 years ago. It was terrible and I couldn't get rid of it for 2 weeks. 4 years ago I was treated with antibiotics and I didn't have any outbreak since then.

He doesn't talk a lot about what is he thinking so I don't know what to do, he said "actions have consequences" and "now because of you having herpes we both will have it"... I am so confused, I don't know what to do!! Please give me some support, I didn't consult the results with my doctor yet. He also said something like "now you have to fix it, just so you know if I kiss you I get it too, so I would strongly advise you to go to a doctor before I get there"... I am so shocked, I'm scared he'll leave me... Please help me...

georgiagail responded:
You might want to reconsider having a relationship with this fellow as he has a fair number of misconceptions about this virus...

1. Most adults carry HSV1, having picked this up in childhood. Thus, it's likely he carries this also.

2. It doesn't get treated with antibiotics since it's a virus, not a bacterial infection.

3. Most never have an outbreak and, unless tested, are totally unaware they carry the virus.

4. It's not "fixable" in the sense that it can be cured.

If he can't accept that you have this extremely common virus then he isn't the partner for you.

Gail

Helpful Tips

vey important
am 18 yrs old boy i had itching and alleargy on my penies inside my foreplay . i dint have sex or any thing. but i use to mastrubate More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.