Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Just diagnosed with HSV
Screwed posted:
I'm 19, finishing up my second year of college, and was just diagnosed with HSV. I lost my virginity less than a year ago and am now having to accept that I've contracted the worst (aside from HIV) STD in the US. My life will never be the same thanks to this incurable virus. Also, since it can lay dormant for so long and none of the few people I've been with ever had symptoms, I have no way of knowing how I contracted the virus. How am I supposed to lead a normal life now?

abe648 responded:
First of all you are not alone in this. Approx 1 of 4 women and 1 of 5 men have this virus. I want you to know that you will get over this and life can go on and you can live love laugh and be intimate again.

People have a normal sex life with GH.

Are you male or female? How were you diagnosed as having HSV? Do you know which type of Herpes you have? Is it HSV 1 or 2? How did the diagnose you has having herpes. Was it a swab/culture and if so did they type it for you. If it was a blood test dp you have a copy of the test results if so can you post them on here so someone can confirm your status. All we need is the type off test and the numeric results.

You need to get educated and you can find the details in my signature line. I would ask that you click on the Tiger and read my story and more deetails that will halp you see that life can go on and there are some ninor tips in there as well.

Ask any question you want and remember that no question is to personal to ask. If you do not ask then you will not know.

God Bless you as you go through this initial stress of finding out that you have herpes.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.