Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Just found out
dazednconfused1207 posted:
Had a "blister" once, 25 years ago. Never another symptom, never tested. Had a pimple like sore about a month ago, had some lab work and got the results today Hsv 1 IgM neg Hsv 2 IgM neg Hsv 1 IgG 0.1 Hsv 2 IgG 4.04

Now what? Does the 4.04 signify recent or old? 2 outbreaks in 25 years. Episodic treatment or preventative. Any and all opinions appreciated. Also received positive Epstein Barr-ebv vca igg 2.92 and dmv igg of 4.99 What does all this mean?

abe648 responded:
Initial ob 25 years ago did you see a Doc at that time and if so were diagnosed visually or did the Doc take a swab and culture/type it at that time?

Have you been in a committed relationship all thoughs years? If so then most likely you had it for all those years. If the ob 25 years ago was not diagnosed and you just thought it was herpes then there is no real way of know if that is what it was back then. But if you have ben married or in a committed relationship then you most likely had it all those years and just never had any ob's. If you were not in a committed relationship then it could have been as recent as 6 months ago. So at this point there is no real way of knowing when you got herpes.

The IgG of 4.04 would note that your are positive for HSV 2. I am not a medical professional but can only tell you of what I have gleaned from this site over the past 6 years.

So if you had been in a committed relationship all those years then I would not change alot. If you want you could take a suppressive therapy to make sure you do not get ob's any more but you may want to wait and see how many ob's you get. Do get a R/x stop ob's as they occur. If you were in a committed relationship over all those years you may want to have your spouse/partner get an igg blood test for HSV 1 & 2 so they know what there status is.

Read the info in my signature line to learn more and also click on the Tiger for more info. Please answer the questionns so we can help you further
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.