Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Unsure what to do first time
An_251001 posted:
Hey I was diagnosed with hsv2 in December with a swab test. Since then I have not had a breakout per say somethimes feel tingling and penis might swell. I guess my question is I can't tell if I am having another outbreak or not, any men out there that can give me some insigt into this. I have not had any blistering except first outbreak and it was very tiny spot. Pleae help.

abe648 responded:
This could be just some possible shedding but you are getting more than tingling down yonder. Are you on any antivirals meds?

I found that before I got on meds I would get a full ob and then after it healed I about a week later I would get a feeling of urgency to urnate frequently for about a week and then I would be fine and then if I had sex the whole thing would start all over again.

Once I started on antivirals I found that this all went away and now I do not have that problem. I will still get tingling for perhaps 20-30 minutes or maybe a bit longer and all I can figure out is that is when I am shedding but I am not sure.

Talk to your Doc's nurse and tell the nurse what is going on and see if you can get in to see him on short notice when you get this issue and swelling to see if there is something else going on or is it just the way your body deals with HSV 2.

You might want to try some antivirals and see if that helps if you are not taking any now. Are you sexually active at this time if so then you should tell your partner of your HSV 2 and also she may want to get a igg type specific blood test to see what her status is.

Ask any further questions that you may have.
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
PS The swelling of the penis does not sound like it is HSV 2 related but it could be and all the more reason to see your Doc when it is acting up for further evaluation as to what is causing your penis to swell?
Abe ... Read more in the Herpes Handbook. Watch the Herpes Video and Terri Warren's book The Good News about the Bad News. All located under the heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

allrisk99 replied to abe648's response:
Thanks for the reply, I just got my blood test back and it was
confusing. I tested positive for hsv 1IgG 4.91.
The Hsv 2 igG came back negative <0.91.
Hate to seem dumb but what does this mean.
I have never had a real severe outbreak. Not on any meds at
all. The swab the clinic told me was positive for hsv but the
nurse did not specify which I had. Would you know what any of this may mean?

allrisk99 replied to abe648's response:
Is it hard to tell if you are having an outbreak, this past weekend I had one very small place on my penis. It looked like a very small pimple, no oozing or itching and then it went away the next day just a dull red spot remained.
I am very confused about all this, does it effect e people differently will it get better over time?
Thanks you for any insight you can give me.

Anon_2000 replied to allrisk99's response:
I am not amedical professional.
You are positive for HSV 1 amd negative for HSV 2 at the present time. Ask for a copy of your swab if you had one done and see what that says. It is possible that you just got HSV 2 and you are not showing any results for HSV 2 as it is to early in the blood test. Get another type specific igg blood test for HSV 2 in 3 months to see if the HSV 2 figure changes. Let us know what it says in 3 months.

Helpful Tips

Std
Hello, i realy don't want to say my name but im shure you know who i am ,my problem is im a gay 41yr old man my ex boyfriend gave me an ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.