Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Do I have Genital Herpes
swatguy posted:
July of 2012, I had all of 20 seconds of unprtected sex with a friend. Maybe two weeks later I started feeling a slight tingle and itch in the genital area. I saw my doctor and tested for everything and all came back fine. I realized that I wasnt tested for herpes and wanted to know my status. To make a long story short. I had a Type specific IGG test done at weeks 6,12 and 28 post possible exposure and all returned negative results. I have been loosing my mind because my friend say she tested positive for HSV2 but not sure if it was type specific or not. I have also posted questions on medhelp with great advice and news that I'm not infected with HSV2. Recently, my arms have been sore, I have small bumps, not clusters around my neck that itch. My left butt check has a dull feeling that sometimes itch. I'm about to freak out. I understand that other things may cause these symptoms, but im about to lose it. Two days ago my back felt kind of raw if thats a correct feeling. Sometimes I get this pinch feeling at head of penis thats got me scared. Sometimes my anus itch, but im scared and would like to know if Im in fact HSV2 free.

Take the Poll

Are my negative test accurate and conclusive?
Should I test again?
  • You are negative for HSV2
  • No more testing
  • stop thinking its Herpes
vote
View Poll Results

georgiagail responded:
Testing has clearly indicated you are negative for HSV2.

Gail

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.