Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Do I have Genital Herpes
    swatguy posted:
    July of 2012, I had all of 20 seconds of unprtected sex with a friend. Maybe two weeks later I started feeling a slight tingle and itch in the genital area. I saw my doctor and tested for everything and all came back fine. I realized that I wasnt tested for herpes and wanted to know my status. To make a long story short. I had a Type specific IGG test done at weeks 6,12 and 28 post possible exposure and all returned negative results. I have been loosing my mind because my friend say she tested positive for HSV2 but not sure if it was type specific or not. I have also posted questions on medhelp with great advice and news that I'm not infected with HSV2. Recently, my arms have been sore, I have small bumps, not clusters around my neck that itch. My left butt check has a dull feeling that sometimes itch. I'm about to freak out. I understand that other things may cause these symptoms, but im about to lose it. Two days ago my back felt kind of raw if thats a correct feeling. Sometimes I get this pinch feeling at head of penis thats got me scared. Sometimes my anus itch, but im scared and would like to know if Im in fact HSV2 free.

Take the Poll

Are my negative test accurate and conclusive?
    Should I test again?
    • You are negative for HSV2
    • No more testing
    • stop thinking its Herpes
    vote
    View Poll Results

georgiagail responded:
    Testing has clearly indicated you are negative for HSV2.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Don't waste time on this site.
    Please do not embarrass yourselves with asking these virtual medical advice people anything real important. I didn't even get an answer. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.