Genital Warts: My story
An_251030 posted:
Hello, I was diagnosed with gw in 2010 I believe I got infected in june/july of 2009 I did not notice them until april/may of 2010. My world came crashing down I was already going through hard times and then this?? it was the worst! I had already been with my bf for about six months I will never know if it was him or I and that just doesn't matter I do believe it was me but since it can take weeks, months, or even years for the actual warts to develop who knows. I went to the free std clinic in june 2010 and had four or five cryotherapies which happened within four weeks.this freezes the warts it was painful. I goggled A LOT around that time.... I was devastated I did loads of research and asked the dr questions every time I went in. I can not remember if it was four or five times but after the cryotherapy got rid of them I kept researching and I read about how your immune system can play a big part in outbreaks so I bought vitamin c, I started working out, I made healthier choices I quit smoking.... I never had to go back ... they haven't came back its been almost three years. My bf did not leave me he ended up getting them bout a month after I found out.... he used to smoke a lot and he still drinks. my bf had to go a few more times than I did and he might have been free of them for year and a half but now he has three ... he did not keep up with his vitamin c and he does not work out towards the end of last year he started smoking again and what do you know they are back.... I believe that strengthening your immune system can clear it or at least keep it under control I am living proof. You are not alone I have read that this is the common cold in stds ... I wish there was more education about gw ..other stds go away with medication but this is different this is something you have to work hard for to get rid of and be aware that it is possible they can come back. but I have read that if they are gone for one year and a half to two years that means your body has fought it off and you should be good. at the time of the treatments I always kept a positive mind and said when I get rid of them i will share my story and hopefully help someone who is going through it ...and that is what im doing now i know that horrible feeling, i know we will be ok, and i know from experience. any questions don't hesitate to ask. please excuse my grammar:) keep a positive mind:) I would like to know if anyone has had them for more than three years..if so.....do you live a healthy lifestyle? Because i belive a healthy lifestyle will help your immune system get rid of outbreaks.