Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

herpes or not??!
youngandconfused87 posted:
I recently discovered two canker like painful sores down there and went to my obgyn today to check it out. He confirmed my worst fears and said that it looks like herpes,but only a culture test will tell for sure. i also had blood drawn today to check for herpes antibodies. i dont even know what to think! i have never had an STD and always been fine. i am 25 and so afraid of the impact on my life and sex life. i recently slept with someone who said they had been tested and had bloodwork done and all was negative. they said they just dont understand how i could have herpes when they were negative for everything. i guess there is still the possibility that this isnt herpes...but my doctor seemed sure it was. is it possible i have had the disease for quite a while and am just now having an outbreak so it wouldnt be from my current partner? i am so confused and so worried that i do have herpes and the guy i am with swears he was negative on all testing.

georgiagail responded:
It would probably be a good idea to wait for the test results before asking about all the "what ifs".

Keep in mind that if this does turn out to be HSV, many, MANY people carry this virus and do adjust to life with it.

Gail

elle0317 responded:
If he doesn't have it, and if you do...that means you picked up from someone prior to him. Many people can have this and not know it, sometimes it can take a while for symptoms to appear, somtimes they never do.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.