Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

herpes or not??!
youngandconfused87 posted:
I recently discovered two canker like painful sores down there and went to my obgyn today to check it out. He confirmed my worst fears and said that it looks like herpes,but only a culture test will tell for sure. i also had blood drawn today to check for herpes antibodies. i dont even know what to think! i have never had an STD and always been fine. i am 25 and so afraid of the impact on my life and sex life. i recently slept with someone who said they had been tested and had bloodwork done and all was negative. they said they just dont understand how i could have herpes when they were negative for everything. i guess there is still the possibility that this isnt herpes...but my doctor seemed sure it was. is it possible i have had the disease for quite a while and am just now having an outbreak so it wouldnt be from my current partner? i am so confused and so worried that i do have herpes and the guy i am with swears he was negative on all testing.

Anon_2000 responded:
It is [possible that your partner did not get tested for herpes as many times when they test they donott test for herpes.

It has been some time now whatt was the result of the swab and the blood tests. Get copies of both and psot them here so someone can help you confirm your status.

sirengirl responded:
I'm going through something similar, just waiting on the test results now. From what I've researched, it's possible to have the virus in your body for months or even years without ever showing symptoms. It's possible you contracted it before your current partner, or it's possible they have it without realizing it and contracted it to you. I would get him to get the blood test done again just to be sure, even if he didn't have it before he could have gotten it from you now as well.
What's really frustrating is 3 months ago I went to my doctor and asked for all STD testing. I didn't have symptoms of anything but I realize now that I didn't get a HSV blood test and now 3 months later I have the symptoms of an outbreak, so I have no way of know who I contracted it from or if I gave it to anyone else. so frustrating

Helpful Tips

genital herpes
just want somebody else out there that i could talk to i have had herpes for 8 years and i have some questions, if someone would please ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.